Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Newbie FI issue, Idles but does not want to rev up
thewheel69
post Feb 11 2006, 01:03 PM
Post #1

Wazabi 1.8

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,275
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Hi Folks, I just received delivery of my first fuel injected 1.8 (I have owned 4 other 914's but all of them were already converted to carb)

This little honey is a 1.8 nearly rust free CA car with great potential for a rolling restoration.

When I got her, she fired right up but would never get past that in revs... it would start backfiring and then die. after letting it warm up a bit, she all of a sudden she just perked right up and ran like she should, reving up and very peppy. I drove her around the block and was delighted that she shifted fine and brought me much joy which was temporary... as I turned a corner, she started sputtering again and died. She started back up and I coexed her home but she has never been the same since.

I took the fuel pump out to check its operation, made sure the fuel filter was not plugged with debris and shook all the various wires and hoses to ensure proper connection, etc.

I have only about 1/4 tank of fuel to which I added some SeaFoam and dry gas.

I checked the distributor for loose connections and condensation.

I am working a bit blind as I do not have a shop manual (on order) but am optimistic that I am just being a dumbass and not doing/checking something in the proper order.

Help! and Thanks in advance!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
thewheel69   Newbie FI issue   Feb 11 2006, 01:03 PM
robby750   Can somebody help this guy? I can't.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 04:40 AM