Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> heating and wiring, few quick questions
Rocket
post Feb 16 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #1

VROOM VROOM

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,659

hey, im in school right now, and I have been thinking about a few questions that I have and hoping that someone can answer them.

have a 74, 1.8l
yesterday I installed my heating, which consistes of a flapper box on the drier side, which is wired open, and a tube going from the heater channels, to the longs. now, i drove it yesterday and the heat kinda worked, i got defogger, but the blower that is next to the steering wheel, is not working. i turn the fan on and it kinda puts out cool air, but no heat.

also, i know that there is something wrong with the wiring because when i pull the heat lever up by the shifter, the fan in the engine bay does not go on. so today i will work on that when i get out of school. but what confounds me is this.

when i put the fan lever on the dashboard all the way to the right, it interfears with the radio. the radio flixers on and off. does anyone know the exact wiring of what is suppose to be underneath the dashboard on the heat levers? because I think that there is something not right underneath there.

also, when I was driving to school this morning, i noticed somthing that caused me to get concerend greatly. I started the car, and then waited for it to heat up for a couple of minutes. then when i was driving, i noticed that the fuel gague was skipping around. from empty to half full, to empty. and also, the tackometer dosnt seem to be working, but the speedometer dose. AND the tripometer dosnt work right, although the odometer seems to be working correctly.

if you have any suggestions on what I can do, it would be greatly appriated.

-rocket
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 09:11 PM