Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Which Paint, How much and Where to Buy?
skeates
post Feb 20 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,684
Region Association: Northern California

Hey guys,

I've decided to go for the 1 month restoration and am now knee deep in research and price lists. I'm currently trying to settle on a brand of paint and a place to buy it from. Does anybody have any suggestions and an idea of the price? I did a couple of quick searches for a thread w/ this information, but I couldn't seem to find one (though this must be a fairly popular question).

The plan is for Speed Yellow (roof and sail pannels painted to match) and then all the chrome trim pieces will be blacked out. I'm also considering painting the rivieras all black, but I havn't decided on whether or not to paint the rocker pannels/valences body color or black.

Thanks,

Steven
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
skeates   Which Paint   Feb 20 2006, 12:49 PM
WRX914   Sikkens or PPG, both are excellent paints. A chea...   Feb 20 2006, 12:58 PM
Mueller   got The Yellow Pages phone book?? ...   Feb 20 2006, 12:58 PM
skeates   The restoration will be taking place in the little...   Feb 20 2006, 01:02 PM
Dr. Roger   pollock pines is a great little town. if you see ...   Feb 20 2006, 01:08 PM
skeates   I thinks it's a great little town...though I w...   Feb 20 2006, 01:27 PM
Dr. Roger   <...   Feb 23 2006, 12:21 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:27 PM