Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> not starting..., I know it's not the starter...
tat2dphreak
post Sep 6 2003, 03:31 PM
Post #1

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

today I was trying to crank the 1.8 engine that's in the tailshifter right now... the 1.7 will go into it soon, but I wanted to see if the 1.8 was in good shape and could be sold as a good running engine... instead of a complete core...

fuel pump kicks one when I turn the key on, but the starter did nothing... so I pulled it off and put my spare(also was in question) on... it didn't work either... so I put the one that I know works on from my other engine... still nothing...

I took the original starter to Autozone... it only needed 4 volts to turn like a champ...

so, now that I wasted all day trying 3 starters and replacing all of the fuses(2-3 were missing) I am back a square 1!

how can I check the ignition-switch on the column? what else do I need to check to diagnose the problem? also, is there a reference somewhere that can tell me what size fuses go where, so I can double check this? it's not in the haynes wiring diagrams, where I thought is should be....
thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tat2dphreak   not starting...   Sep 6 2003, 03:31 PM
Jeffs9146   Use a screw driver to jump the terminals on the so...   Sep 6 2003, 03:56 PM
URY914   Make sure you have the engine ground strap attache...   Sep 6 2003, 05:39 PM
tat2dphreak   ground strap is fine, but the battery may be a lit...   Sep 6 2003, 08:29 PM
SirAndy   relay   Sep 6 2003, 09:01 PM
Brad Roberts   Here is what I do... pull the cover off the 14 pin...   Sep 7 2003, 12:56 AM
tat2dphreak   ok, screwdriver test: positive, the starter turne...   Sep 7 2003, 06:00 PM
Brad Roberts   Andy was on crack. There is NO relay in the car th...   Sep 8 2003, 12:14 AM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 07:07 PM