Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Suspension Q's??????
East coaster
post Feb 27 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 487
Region Association: None

Ok, Here's the deal. I'm building my car as a street machine, not race. If I ever autocross or track it, it will strictly be for fun/education and don't care if it's the least bit competitive. I want to maintain a decent street ride too. So with that goal in mind, I have a couple of suspension Q's. I'm trying to decide spring rates and wanted some opinions from the "Garage".

Here's the "known" parts, the car is a 3.6L 6 conversion with '85 Carrera front end, Tarret front sway bar and stock rear end with stock sway bar. I do have a limited slip trans (in case it matters?)

I'm ready to order front torsion bars (since I just took the front end apart and found 1 rusty bar) and would like opinions on what diameter? Also, I have a brand new set of progressive 165lb rear springs and I'm not sure I want to use them, so opinions on rear springs too????

Thanks!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
East coaster   Suspension Q's??????   Feb 27 2006, 02:08 PM
Joe Ricard   Rusty Torsion bar? Like "HOW" rusty? Surface rus...   Feb 27 2006, 02:15 PM
Aaron Cox  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 01:31 AM