Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Looking for help on door lock and turn signals, Mo' cars = mo' problems, of course!
Mike McGrath
post Feb 28 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,225

Very excited to get my first teener this past weekend. Two problems with the car that I couldn't find solutions to in the Haynes book or with a search. Oh ye heavenly gods of knowledge, bless me with an answer...

1. The driver's door doesn't open from the outside. The lever moves / opens, but doesn't open. I haven't yet taken the door apart to look at the insides, but plan to this week. Until then, I crawl through the other side like a noob.

2. The turn signals light when you move the stalk, but they don't click on and off. If I move the stalk left, the light stays on and doesn't blink and the stalk does not return to center after you complete a turn. Also, both light gauges light up when either side is activated. Not a life-threatening problem, as I can do it by hand, but my rthym is affected by whatever is on the stereo.

1970, by the way. Everything else is just as expected and I turned down an S2000 in favor of an Acura contemplating the 914. Crazy, yes, but pointless to have two convertibles in Oregon.

Many thanks in advance. I get these projects done and I'm goin' WCC'n this year!

Mike (in Portland)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Mike McGrath   Looking for help on door lock and turn signals   Feb 28 2006, 07:46 PM
Joe Ricard   Betcha the plastic do-hickey is broke inside the d...   Feb 28 2006, 08:09 PM
URY914   For the FULL story on outside door handles go to m...   Feb 28 2006, 08:26 PM
markb     Feb 28 2006, 10:57 PM
URY914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 12:30 PM