Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> going racing in scca-fp class, got my novice license
Albert914
post Mar 6 2006, 11:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,968

well I took the scca drivers school this weekend at thunderhill. Three days of track practice and two races. My instuctor was Ron Wicker. What a great guy! Everything he told me to do, made me faster& faster. The first two days were dry and on sat. I had the 2nd fastest time in group one. Sunday it was raining hard and in the first race I started 4th but by the 3rd corner I was leading then coming up to turn 5 the throttle started sticking. I was debating to pull off or not. I kept going but at every corner I had to blip the throttle a bunch of times. They said I won but I thought I got 2nd. So in between races I tried to asjust the cable- thought it was fixed until the race 2 started. Everyone went out for the pace lap and I was stuck in the pits, so I went to the end of the pit lane and sat there until the green flag flew for everyone else. 29 cars went by before they let me go and in 20 minutes I passed 28 cars to finish 2nd. Coming into the pits the throttle cable snapped, but the day was done and I got my license. I'm going racing in the Fp class. Wish me luck.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 08:53 PM