Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel pump quit working
watsonrx13
post Mar 11 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 312
Region Association: South East States

OK, I have been having a problem with the engine overheating and decided to change the idle jets from 50s to 55s. After I changed the jets, the fuel pump quit working. BTW, I have dual weber IDF 40s, with the fuel pump mounted underneath the fuel tank. I have a fuel filter between the fuel tank and pump, with another filter between the fuel pump and the carbs in the engine compartment.

It appears that there is no power to the fuel pump, which I spliced into the engine compartment at the original fuel pump line, then ran the new wires through the center tunnel to the front. I need to verify that there is power to the pump, how do I check the electrical connections in the relay box? Any other recommendations are requested. I'm also planning to check and/or replace the two fuel filters and maybe the fuel sock in the tank.

-- Rob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
watsonrx13   Fuel pump quit working   Mar 11 2006, 08:18 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 02:32 AM