Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump quit working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
OK, I have been having a problem with the engine overheating and decided to change the idle jets from 50s to 55s. After I changed the jets, the fuel pump quit working. BTW, I have dual weber IDF 40s, with the fuel pump mounted underneath the fuel tank. I have a fuel filter between the fuel tank and pump, with another filter between the fuel pump and the carbs in the engine compartment.

It appears that there is no power to the fuel pump, which I spliced into the engine compartment at the original fuel pump line, then ran the new wires through the center tunnel to the front. I need to verify that there is power to the pump, how do I check the electrical connections in the relay box? Any other recommendations are requested. I'm also planning to check and/or replace the two fuel filters and maybe the fuel sock in the tank.

-- Rob
SirAndy
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Mar 11 2006, 06:18 PM)
Any other recommendations are requested.

if the PO used the original pump wiring, simply use the haynes manual to trace the current.

start with the pump relay and fuse on the relay board, then go from there ...

can you post a pic of your relay board? i'd like to see how they wired the circuit to run the pump all the time (which was previously controlled by the FI-Brain) ...

cool.gif Andy
URY914
Rob,

Did this just happen this afternoon?

You can't hear the pump hummming?

watsonrx13
Yea it happened today. I don't have a pic available, but can take one tomorrow.

-- Rob
URY914
I'd run a jumper wire stright from a hot circuit or the battery to test the pump.
Joe Ricard
Well, I would.......

Stick a meter lead into where you spliced the wire.
12V = good move your focus to the pump
0V = bad go back to the source start with relay From there on you will be over your head no offense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.