Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> ATTN: Kerry914, Terrycable problem solved.
Trekkor
post Mar 30 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #1

I do things...

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

Hey, we were cutting Terry throttle cables in half and dealing with very annoying pedal tension and feel. Heel and toe action was impossible. Not to mention replacing Terrycables twice a year is just wrong. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)

By straighening the tube that comes out of the firewall for the cable and keeping the cable straight with no bends for at least six inches I think this problem is solved.
The tube is aimed towards the bell crank on the trans instead of up slightly to feed the cable up and into the engine bay for FOUR F.I. motors.

I adjusted it and test drove around the vineyard lap today.
Felt every bit as good and responsive as the stock F.I. did.

The bell crank was not the problem. It's was the sharp bend in the cable sawing the cable in half, dragging, sticking until it finally goes...Oh schnapppp!

I didn't take any pictures for you, Kerry but I will when I get a chance.

KT
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 01:35 PM