Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Garage find, No, I will NOT tell you where.
ClayPerrine
post Apr 1 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #1

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

I drove my six to work yesterday. On the way home, I stopped for gas and a lady in her late 50s came up to me and asked about my car. She said that when her ex moved out he took the other Porsche and left one just like mine. After the experience we had on the way to Austin a few years ago I was really sceptical (the woman there thought her rusty MG was the same as a 914). She said that she wanted to get it out of her garage, because she wanted to park her Caddy SUV in that spot.

So I said that I would come look at it and tell her what it was worth. In her garage is a 914 with flares, absoultely filthy under a thick layer of dust. So I start looking closer. Nice. 15x7 fronts 15x8 rears with flat, dryrotted Dunlops on them. Yep, its a real six. Intact 914/6 heat exchangers. OEM 914/6 hotdog muffler. Tail shifter tranny. Interior is nice. Paint is a nice metallic blue.

I want to check on the flares to see if they are fiberglass. Nope, real steel flares. No noticable seams on the inside of the fenders. I check the engine compartment again. It has the 911 S oil console and oil cooler liines running to a front mounted cooler.

Its a 71 model. I'm starting to sweat, thinking.... this is an M-471 car. It has all the parts....

I ask her if it runs, and if it has clear title. She says that it has not run in years.

She comes back with an envelope with the title and all the paperwork on the car. A BIG envelope. Full documentation back to the order from the dealer in 71. Yep.. its all original and all factory.

I tell her that it looks like a nice car, but I am worried about how long it's been sitting.....

So I casually ask her how much she would wand for it.

No, I am NOT going to tell you how much.

I actually had the nerve to tell her that I might want it as a parts car, would $20.00 hold it until I ran to the ATM for the money?

She agreed, as she just wanted it gone.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 04:17 PM