Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1974 Porsche 914 Chalon RIP, Now I need a new project
skline
post Apr 1 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #1

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

Brandon came over to help me with the inner long kit on the Chalon so we could get it going for the D&G on the 30th. Things were going along pretty good but while we were working on the passenger side welding in the kit, a small fire broke out inside of the long and we didnt figure it could do much damage but it quickly spread and the next thing we knew the whole passenger side was burning and the fiberglass acted as an accellerant, before I could find the other extinguisher, the whole passenger side of my car was melting and is now destroyed. The electrical damage on the underside of the dash is really bad. The panel replacement for the front and rear are just enough to make me change direction and start over with a stock car. That is what I get for letting a kid help me weld.

So it is out with the Chalon, I just need to find a good doner car now to move everything over to. Anybody have a good roller?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 05:36 PM