Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Looking for a good permanent wire labeling product, But it has to be cheap!
bondo
post Apr 8 2006, 02:37 PM
Post #1

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Group: Members
Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

I'm doing a whole bunch of custom wiring on my LT1 conversion, and I want to label some of the individual wires that won't be grouped into connectors (like all the gauge wires behind the getty dash). Since some will be factory, and some will be custom, I won't really be able to refer to a wiring diagram unless I make one.

I've seen some products, but many of them are just clips with numbers, no good without a wiring diagram. For temporary purposes I often just make a flag of masking tape and write the wire function on it, but those eventually fall off or become unradable, and aren't very tidy.

Does anyone here know of a non-bulky, inexpensive wire label that has enough space on it to permanantly mark the wire function? 10 characters of small ballpoint text space would be enough.. maybe something like half the size of the signature spot on the back of a credit card.

Good tape would also work, but it'd have to be long lasting and stay readable. My experience with tapes are that durable ones won't hold ink (rubs off) and ones that hold ink dry up and fall off, or tear too easily. I do have one of those p-touch labelers, but man that'd be tedious!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 03:42 AM