Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Plastic connectors on the Wire Harness, can you still find them?
VaccaRabite
post Apr 13 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I know that I should not. I have read the posts saying that to do it is to open pandora's box. But I want to rebuild my wiring harness. Mine is all over the place. Most of the casing is gone, and it is already half out of the car from my resto anyhow. I'd like to build in some expansion and put in a modern fuse panel so that I could run more power for lights, music etc. Everythign else on the car is getting swapped out - it seems. The wires are a known weak link. They need to go too.

And besides. I know that I totally have Dirk Wight's Desease, and the car will not come off the stands for years and years... So while I'm there, I may as well....

I know that some of you here have done it, where do you get the plastic plugs and connectors? The wire colors I can find, but not the connectors.

And if you can't find them, how are those of you that are rebuilding your wires doing it? Drilling out the old wire and carefully soldering a new one in?

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Vacca Rabite   Plastic connectors on the Wire Harness   Apr 13 2006, 11:01 AM
RON S.  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 07:53 AM