Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> There are no cuss words strong enough to explain, how I feel about my hydraulic clutch
wbergtho
post Apr 15 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 623

I have labored for quite some time on the new hydraulic clutch system I have been working on and I felt it was ready to be bled and tested on the road. It appears that no fluid will get to the slave until I first bleed the m/c (per Tilton's instructions). I even took the brake line off @ the m/c and nothing would squirt out. The bleed screw may as well be on the moon. I can't get a wrench or socket on the damn thing and might have to take it out and cut one of the unecessary mounting ears off to effectively reach it with a wrench. Has anyone been there and done this with a Tilton m/c? I thought I could just bleed the slave and get 'er done. Looks like it is a bit more involved than that. Apparently this m/c must be "primed" via bleeding in order for it to squirt fluid? I'm done fu__ing around with it tonight.

Bill (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
wbergtho   There are no cuss words strong enough to explain   Apr 15 2006, 11:19 PM
bondo   Heh, I've been there with my mustang's hyd...   Apr 15 2006, 11:22 PM
wbergtho   So you could disregard bleeding the Tilton m/c and...   Apr 15 2006, 11:29 PM
Brando  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 08:10 AM