Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> naked 1.8, What should I purchase to reinstall engine tin?
davesprinkle
post Apr 22 2006, 11:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,943
Region Association: None

Howdy everyone.

First, a little background -- about 10 years ago, I yanked the running fuel-injected 1.8liter engine out of my 914 to address a leaking tranny seal that had oiled the clutch. I'm just now getting around to reassembly. Last week, I removed all the engine tin from the engine and hosed 89000 miles of accumulated oily grime off of the cylinders and oil cooler. The engine tin and fan housing are at the powdercoater right now. I hope to be able to dress the engine next week.

OK, getting to the point, what will I need to purchase to reassemble this thing? Here is my list -- please tell me what I'm missing:
1. injectors
2. injector tip seals
3. injector base seals
4. engine hose kit
5. intake runner seals
6. throttle body gasket
7. cold-start injector gasket
8. clutch friction plate
9. tranny input shaft seal
10. shift bushing kit (DWD)
11. CV gaskets
12. valve cover gaskets
13. What else? (This is where you chime in.)

Specifically, where do I get the foam gaskets that I found in seemingly random locations on the engine tin? What about the various engine-tin grommets, hardened after 30 years of heat-cycles and hydrocarbon exposure? And are replacement engine tin fasteners available? What are your thoughts about other seals? (For example, should I replace the oil cooler seals? They don't seem to be leaking, but I've got easy access right now...)

I'd like to place an order with some lucky vendor on Monday. Please help me spend my money!

Thanks for your input.
-dave sprinkle
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 09:29 PM