Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Father and Son: Classic Moments in 914 History, And some that dare not be spoken of again...
ptravnic
post Apr 22 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 747
Region Association: None

So I realize that I have'nt posted much on this board (was more active in years past on the Pelican posts) but figured I should show off some of my father and my classic & not so classic moments...

Back in 2002 my pops & me decided it was time for Orange car's 1.7L to get upgraded to a 2056 (despite many who said "just buy one of Jake's engines...) and we were just the men for the job!

My first rebuild:
Attached Image

Notice the valve burned into the hole in the piston...Pictures sometimes say more than 1,000 words. It was a sad day in Mudville... Turns out, the engine was just as it should have been but the throttle cable got mucked up and got stuck w/the pedal to the floor then, well, back to the picture/1,000 words...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 09:42 AM