Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1st task: realign steering wheel, fix odometer and signal cancellation, Choosing tools and tips?
BigDBass
post May 5 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #1

Dumb Question Champion

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,405
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Ok, here goes... I'm planning to address a few issues starting this weekend. My steering wheel was seemingly mismounted and is off by about 20-30 degrees. My odometer doesn't work, and the turn signal cancellation doesn't work.

I've read the Pelican articles and intend to follow those. I'm hoping that the turn signal cancellation issue will be corrected just by aligning the steering wheel. (Also, when signaling, both signal indicators on my dash blink even though only the appropriate exterior blinker goes on. What to check?)

I'm going tool shopping after work for, I believe: a breaker bar, 29-30mm socket, "The Club", and a torque wrench. Can I get decent ones at my local Harbor Freight or should I get Craftsman stuff? Is there anything else I need for this job? I have a pretty small collection of (mostly Craftsman) tools, so perhaps there are other must-haves I should pick up while I'm there?

Any tips would be appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
BigDBass   1st task: realign steering wheel, fix odometer and signal cancellation   May 5 2006, 01:47 PM
jsteele22   Memory of that job is fading fast (over half a yea...   May 5 2006, 02:19 PM
BigDBass   I got some junk at Harbor Freight. I was not able...   May 5 2006, 05:44 PM
Jeroen   IIRC, you need a 27mm socket for the steeringwheel...   May 5 2006, 07:28 PM
Aaron Cox  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 02:07 PM