Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help me get out of a traffic ticket, no porsche content
Dead Air
post May 7 2006, 08:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,042

So about 11 am a few weeks ago and I'm going through this intersection:

Sheridan & shimerville

I was headed west traveling at or just under the posted speed limit of 45 MPH, there was a State Trooper in a LARGE Chevy Tahoe sitting on the south side of the intersection headed north at a stop light. At the "stop line" next to the large white triangle. As you can see from the photo, there were no obstructions between him and me, I saw him sitting there as I approached the intersection. We were the only cars at the intersection at the time. My light turned yellow and I drove through it, decelerating slightly, looking up through my windshield the last thing I saw was a yellow light.
According to NYS traffic law, the driver is allowed to "enter" the intersection with a yellow light. The intersection is defined by the large white "stop lines".
I timed the duration of the yellow light several times and the average time was 4.10 seconds. Checking the angle of my eyesight through the windshield would put the front of my truck just about two feet behind the stop line in my lane.
Check my math:
40 MPH x 5280ft / 60 min / 60 sec x 4.10 = 240.5 feet
I suppose I could subtract something for reaction time.
How quickly do you suppose my old ('86) Toyota 4x4 truck should be able stop without going into panic mode?
Consider also the fact that the trooper would have to be looking at the side of my traffic signal (with some morning sun glare on it) and the location of my vehicle at the same time.
I think he pulled me over 'cause my truck is a little ratty looking and he was hoping to get a safety/inspection/registration/insurance type of infraction.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 06:23 PM