Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Car running pretty well with one caveat, should be easy for the gurus
drewvw
post May 8 2006, 07:21 AM
Post #1

new england car guy

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,630
Region Association: North East States

I have my stock 1.7 running pretty well lately with all the work I've put into it. Only one obstacle remains:

When the outside temperature is warm, the car runs well and is very smooth. But when the temp drops below 50 the car stumbles a bunch unless I really get on the throttle. To me, it feels like it runs too lean when its cold.

I've done the archival research, not many threads that address the outside temp as opposed to the engine temp.

What do you think? bad temperature sensor? vacuum leak amplified by cold weather?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
drewvw   Car running pretty well with one caveat   May 8 2006, 07:21 AM
drewvw   :bump: Nobodys got anything for me??? car no li...   May 8 2006, 11:17 AM
Dr Evil   Some factors to consider for temperature dependent...   May 8 2006, 11:24 AM
drewvw   Thanks for the reply Dr. Evil, very helpful. It...   May 8 2006, 11:38 AM
McMark   Temp Sensor I (or is it II), the one in the plenum...   May 8 2006, 11:56 AM
Dr Evil  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:27 AM