Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> More oil questions?
mike_the_man
post May 17 2006, 01:25 PM
Post #1

I like stuff!

Group: Members
Member No.: 809

After reading the oil temp topic I've come up with a couple more questions about oil related issues.

I've noticed that when taking a hard left hand corner or a longish left sweeping corner, then getting hard on the gas, I hear a loud clattering. My guess is that the lifters are being starved of oil. If I get off the gas, the sound goes away. I've tried overfilling a little above the high mark on the dipstick, and I still get the sound.
It only seems to happen on lefts, not rights.

So, is it likely that the engine is starving of oil? What side of the case is the oil pickup on? I have a general understanding of the oiling sytem in a TIV, but I'm certainly no expert. Any thoughts? Solutions? I don't want to bugger anything up!

Cheers,

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mike_the_man   More oil questions?   May 17 2006, 01:25 PM
mike_the_man   :bump: Someone?!? Anyone?!?   May 18 2006, 04:43 PM
blitZ   From what I understand, during hard cornering, the...   May 18 2006, 05:49 PM
type47   unless you have an early 1.7, i thought all 914...   May 18 2006, 06:02 PM
So.Cal.914   This is true there is a tray that helps keep the o...   May 18 2006, 06:14 PM
Dave_Darling   Do you have hydraulic lifters? Those are not stoc...   May 18 2006, 06:26 PM
mike_the_man  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 02:10 AM