Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ignition or fuel Injection problem?
nbscooters
post May 23 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,347
Region Association: None

Heres the scoop. I have a 73 2.0 with fuel injection. The car has been sitting for 15 years. Over the past year or so, I have been piecing her back together to get her back on the road again. She has all new fuel lines and hoses and they are all routed correctly. I drove it for the first time last Thursday and she ran strong. Yesterday, when I would take off it starts very slow and it puts along and jerks. Then finally, when I get into 2nd, it does the same thing before I get into 3rd. My speculation is ignition because that is the system I didn't look over to well. What puzzles me is that it ran nearly perfect the day I first drove it and now it took a dump on me. Has anyone had any issues similiar to mine? HELP ME OUT GANG!

Thank You,
Ricky Wernicke

ps dont even mention anything about switching to carbs...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
nbscooters   Ignition or fuel Injection problem?   May 23 2006, 02:39 PM
Mueller   no mention of what you did to the tank and filter(...   May 23 2006, 02:41 PM
nbscooters   I drained the tank months ago and put in 2 gallons...   May 23 2006, 02:48 PM
lapuwali   Change the fuel filter again. Shine a light down ...   May 23 2006, 02:57 PM
nbscooters   :bump:   May 24 2006, 12:22 AM
nbscooters   With the harness hooked up correctly, injectors tw...   May 25 2006, 03:36 PM
swl   Can't get to my Haynes right now to check the ...   May 25 2006, 06:18 PM
nbscooters   I figured it out!!!! After reading...   May 26 2006, 12:19 AM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 04:31 PM