Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Where is your driver's seat located?, In the car, I know- but is it centered behind the wheel?
rjames
post May 28 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #1

I'm made of metal

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I replaced the driver's side floor pan, and before welding in the new seat bracket mounts I noticed that it seems impossible to actually get the seat centered behind the steering wheel.
I say impossible because the 'claw' that is attached to the cross brace on the floor pan (the one that's used for the seat tilt adjustment) forces the placement of the seat to some extent- which in my car seems to be off an inch or so to the left of center of the steering wheel. Is this normal?

I've been doing searches for pictures of cars with the roof off viewed from the top down, but haven't been having much luck.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
rjames   Where is your driver's seat located?   May 28 2006, 02:10 PM
smooth_eddy   I think they are all off center. I noticed this o...   May 28 2006, 02:21 PM
Joe Ricard   I put my Sparco further to the middle of the car. ...   May 28 2006, 02:37 PM
Rand   Yup. Off center is the way they came. If the steer...   May 28 2006, 04:19 PM
rjames  
  May 28 2006, 04:56 PM
Brett W   After driving a more modern car and then getting i...   May 28 2006, 06:51 PM
campbellcj   Yep, they are all off-center. I mounted my race s...   May 28 2006, 08:40 PM
byndbad914   Funny, but the steering wheel is at an angle as we...   May 30 2006, 03:52 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 03:24 AM