Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Cam recommendation for normally asperated??, turbo project being shelfed for a while
Mueller
post Sep 29 2003, 12:53 AM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

I won't be able to properly finish the turbo engine for a few months or longer due to time and budget reasons, so I'm going to have to put my motor together as a normally asperated engine and run it until things look a little better time/money wise.

The "turbo" cam will be put off to the side, I can run my stock cam or since the motor is taken apart already, spend a few dollars for a decent cam. The motor will remain fuel injected (Megasquirt or Haltec, depends on it Brad wants the Haltec back since I'm not going to "need" it for quite some time)

For the exhaust I have stock 2.0 exchangers or European Racing Header

So, cams????

I have access to a brand new Engle FK10 cam or should I get a more aggressive but streetable FI or Carb cam??

The motor will be basicly stock, the Pauter roller rockers will be more than likely put for sale, but I think I'll keep the ARP head and case bolts and use them.

The pistons and cylinders are flat top Euro spec (I think I figured out 7.7:1 compression with the old set of heads, I'm waiting for the heads to come back from the machine shop, not sure what all was done to them.

thanks,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Mueller   Cam recommendation for normally asperated??   Sep 29 2003, 12:53 AM
Mueller   I should add: stock 2.0 bore and stroke   Sep 29 2003, 12:56 AM
ChrisReale   Well, I think alot will depend on how adjustable t...   Sep 29 2003, 01:28 AM
Charles Deutsch   I'd go with Webcam's 86a. It might be a go...   Sep 29 2003, 07:43 AM
DNHunt   I guess I would wait to see what the heads are lik...   Sep 29 2003, 08:05 AM
maf914   Check out Web Cam http://www.webcamshafts.com/vol...   Sep 29 2003, 08:56 AM
Charles Deutsch   Info on the aircooled.net site says the 494 cam is...   Sep 29 2003, 09:08 AM
fiid  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 06:02 AM