Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Found a local Bug shop - interesting twist, Closet 914 guy
BigDBass
post Jun 14 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #1

Dumb Question Champion

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,405
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The FLAPS I've been frequenting turned me on to a local Bug shop called "TAG Industries/Beetle Craft" owned by a Tom Galvin. Drove by last night (it's about a 2 miles from my house) and saw a familiar looking silhouette under a car cover. I gave them a call this morning to feel them out.

Turns out the covered car is a Ford V8 powered Chalon 914 and is the owner's toy. He's owned and worked on several 914s over the years.

I dropped an email to Brad Mayeur to see if he's heard of Tom. If any of you VW guys know of him, or know where I may be able to dig up some references, let me know. I will also try to lure him here to the club if I can.

Maybe some overdue good luck has come my way.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
BigDBass   Found a local Bug shop - interesting twist   Jun 14 2006, 09:41 AM
skline   Try to get some pictures of his car too. I would b...   Jun 14 2006, 09:47 AM
jd74914   :agree: Its the Ford power thats interesting. An...   Jun 14 2006, 10:03 AM
BigDBass   I'm heading there in a little while with one h...   Jun 16 2006, 07:46 AM
rick 918-S  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 11:17 PM