Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Considering 914-6 purchase, Anyone familiar with this car & VIR?
rwjames
post Jun 22 2006, 11:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,136
Region Association: South East States

I have been contemplating purchasing an orginal 914-6 and have been emailing Randall Yow at VIR Gallery about this 1970 he has for sell (See link). Is anyone familiar with this car? He said it came from Arizona and it has been restored.

http://www.virgallery.com/Orange9146.html

Close up photo's show some detail issues that need attention, scratched windshield and roll bar trim, peeling paint in engine compartment, gummy looking carbs...Not local to me so I would like to do more research before making the trek.

Does anyone know anything about this car? Has anyone ever done business with Randall and what were your experiences?

Price on the car is $23,500 which seems a little high, but supply is low and demand is high. The six prices seem to keep rising on these and I'm thinking of getting in while I still can, but not sure if this is the one.

Thanks for your info and comments.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
rwjames   Considering 914-6 purchase   Jun 22 2006, 11:31 AM
turboman808   Yep the good thing is you can buy these and turn a...   Jun 22 2006, 01:51 PM
Cap'n Krusty  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 10:38 PM