Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Starter for a V6 conversion, Need wrenching advice
John G
post Jun 30 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,988

Hey folks,

Well, my GMC V6 converted 914 is on its way to me (being shipped). The PO says the car is having some hot start problems, so I thought I would replace the starter with a hgh torque model.

My problem is: I'm new to wrenching. I thought this would be a good thing to cut my teeth on.

What part should I order? I want to make sure I get one that will fit. To give you a glimpse of my mechanical ignorance, I understand that the starter connects to the flywheel, but is the flywheel in the conversion going to be Porsche or Chevy? Pretty sure it must be Porsche, but I need to ask.

Is this an easy bolt-on for a newbie like me, or should I seek professional help?

Any advice in picking the part and getting it to fit?

Light weight would be a bonus, but solving the hot start and turning a V6 is the most important. Good price helps too. ;-)

Time to buy a floor jack and some jackstands. Heh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

Ignorantly yours,

John
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
John G   Starter for a V6 conversion   Jun 30 2006, 09:40 AM
Mueller  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:04 PM