Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Two random electrical questions, Brake and backup lights
BMXerror
post Jul 2 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,842

First, I just put a side shift tranny in an early car, but the electrical connectors for the backup light switch is different. Can I put the old backup light switch in the new tranny, because it looks like it threads in the same way?
Also, I pulled my master cylinder to replace it today, and noticed that there are two wires coming down right by it. One connects to the master cylinder, but the other is just hanging. I assume that the one that hooks into the MC is for the brake lights and the ground is through the case of the MC. Right? Anyone know what the other wire is for? It's just got a push on connector just like the one for the brake lights. Thanks for putting up with my ignorance.
Mark D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
BMXerror   Two random electrical questions   Jul 2 2006, 04:38 PM
JPB   Cool question since I have just gone from a 17mm-1...   Jul 2 2006, 08:23 PM
BMXerror  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 10:14 AM