Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two random electrical questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
First, I just put a side shift tranny in an early car, but the electrical connectors for the backup light switch is different. Can I put the old backup light switch in the new tranny, because it looks like it threads in the same way?
Also, I pulled my master cylinder to replace it today, and noticed that there are two wires coming down right by it. One connects to the master cylinder, but the other is just hanging. I assume that the one that hooks into the MC is for the brake lights and the ground is through the case of the MC. Right? Anyone know what the other wire is for? It's just got a push on connector just like the one for the brake lights. Thanks for putting up with my ignorance.
Mark D.
JPB
Cool question since I have just gone from a 17mm-19mm master and have only one wire connection on the new master. Whats there ta do?
BMXerror
QUOTE(JPB @ Jul 2 2006, 07:23 PM) *

Cool question since I have just gone from a 17mm-19mm master and have only one wire connection on the new master. Whats there ta do?

Well, I've got a 17 and am going to 19, and both of them only have one connector.
confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
Mark D.
So.Cal.914
The switsh on the M/C is not for your break lights it is to let you know if your M/C

fails (like you won't find out soon enough). I will look through my manual and edit

this post.

The wiring diagram shows a lead wire and a ground, sence I didn't know what year

I went with a 71. I believe that you can use the old back up light switch on your

new trans. Pull out and compare to make sure.
BMXerror
Thanks So Cal... 'Take it out and compare' is kinda obvious, huh? I feel like a dumbass now. I was just wondering if there was any reason that they made the backup light switches on the early and late model trannies incompatable. I'll just try it and see if it works today. The year is 1970 BTW. Thanks again.
Mark D.
JPB
Ya that break failing light shure is handy. Thanks for the info and will soon discard the extra schmit. Who deeds them wires anyways.

beer.gif Grassyas!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.