Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1974 Porsche 914 - 1.8 Liter, Looking for opinions of fellow 914 enthusiast
Lectronix
post Jul 3 2006, 02:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,055
Region Association: None

Hi everyone:

I'm interested in purchasing this 1974 914 - and I thought I would ask the opinion of all you fellow 914.Club members.

Mechanically: The owner says the car has approximately 100k miles. The heads were done at 90k. The tranny is fine except the first gear synchro needs to be replaced. The engine is stock and runs well. There is an oil cooler mounted under the trunk. The oli cooler has a thermostat with an electric fan. The front suspension and brakes are off a 911 SC. The rear has also been upgraded. The car has sway bars and heavy-duty sport springs in the rear. The tires are new and the car has the original Fuch wheels The car handles well and stops on a dime.

Body: The GT flares are glass. The car has never been in an accident. The original color was yellow, but it has been repainted Boxster yellow. The paint job looks great. There are no rust issues according to the owner, but the battery tray needs to be replaced and the area below could use light sanding and paint. The engine was not removed so the engine would need to be removed and the compartment painted. the same thing applies to the arean underneath the gas tank. The under-carriage was not repainted and still has the original yellow paint.

Interior: The seats are in good shape. The dash is cracked. The carpeting could use some cleaning. The seals are fine, but some should be replaced. Everything works.

The car is not perfect. It needs some work. My goal is to omstall a 3.6, rebuild the tranny, replace the wheels with something newer and larger, install a new efficient A/C system, install the earlier chrome bumpers, remove the Porsche reflector on the rear, install a power window kit, install the correct valance and rocker panels, and redo the entire interior in leather (including the dash).

The seller is asking $10,500. I'm wondering if this is a fair price for this car. Look forward to input. Thanks - Jorge

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Lectronix   1974 Porsche 914 - 1.8 Liter   Jul 3 2006, 02:06 AM
Lectronix   Just want to point out one concern are the flares....   Jul 3 2006, 02:25 AM
Gint   You'll get more visibility and participation t...   Jul 3 2006, 08:39 AM
Lectronix  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 09:43 AM