Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ran a 2:15 at Thunderhill today, a little personal improvement
nebreitling
post Jul 8 2006, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Member Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 478

i know the car has more time in it, and i know i have a lot yet to learn, but i ran a 2:15 up at Thunderhill yesterday, with consistent low 2:16s in clear laps. I've had 3 track days up there in as many weeks, and each day i dropped like 3-4 seconds off my time.

biggest gains were found in turn 1 (turn-in at 4500 rpm in 5th) and 9 (surprisingly high speed 4th gear). i know i'm leaving time in 6 (which is random, but i find it a hard turn to read), and i know i'm not braking late enough into 10.

no offs -- only one half-spin over the cyclone which i caught -- and the car held up beautifully. new (bigger) oil cooler opening left me with 220 and 230 oil temps at the end of a 30 min session in 100 deg. no problem with brakes at all. 710s get pretty greasy in that heat after a few laps, but they have held up okay. i should get one more day out of them.

i also rode in a track-prepped CaymanS yesterday -- which was.... underwhelming -- especially after the gearbox broke, and IT CAUGHT ON FIRE.

good times.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
nebreitling   Ran a 2:15 at Thunderhill today   Jul 8 2006, 10:46 AM
KenH   Humm - My 710s did not change from beginning to en...   Jul 8 2006, 02:48 PM
nebreitling  
  Jul 9 2006, 02:50 PM
grantsfo  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 07:29 PM