Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dealing with assholes, I need to vent - kinda long.
Queenie
post Oct 10 2003, 05:10 PM
Post #1

Society Is A Hole

Group: Members
Member No.: 908

Hi. My name is Queenie, and I think I'm a pretty conscientious car owner. I tend to my routine maintenance in a timely fashion. I deal with sudden or unexpected maintenance as soon as humanly possible. I check my oil once a week. My tires are in good repair, and they get rotated and balanced on a regular basis. I don't drive my car overly hard, and I don't abuse it even when I do drive it a little bit hard. I take some care with it - always.

I don't drive the nicest car in the world, but I care a lot about the one I have and I do my best to do right by it.

So why am I sitting here at work practically in tears over the damn thing?

Well, it's because when Pancho and I talked to my other mechanic - you know, the one who charges me sixty dollars an hour? - about doing some fine tuning on the 914 to get it back on the road, he was an absolute ass to us because we elected not to do the valve guides while we had the engine out. Not just dismissive or rude, but downright unkind. He is adamant in his opinion that my engine is a piece of shit that isn't going to run another week without the valve guides being done.

Not to mention the fact that he (or his employee) seems to have done an exceptionally crappy job of installing a fuel injector for me several months ago. If that was done poorly, what else has been done poorly? Did I mention this is costing me sixty dollars an hour?

Y'know, I know the guy's overworked. I know what a pain in the ass that can be. And he's been working on Porsches for many years - he may be correct about the need for valve guides. I'm willing to accept that I may not have made the best decision about it. But does that give him any right to treat me, a person who's spent at least a thousand goddamn dollars at his shop in the past year, like an idiot?

I am, in fact, not a idiot.

And my money is just as good as that of any other Porsche owner. He doesn't like 914s and I know it, but I didn't really consider that my problem...until today. It shouldn't matter what kind of Porsche a person drives; a dedicated Porsche shop ought to work on them all and treat them all equally.

I don't need a ration of shit when I take my car in for repair. I don't know where else I can take it; this guy is located directly next door to where I work and the convenience factor is critical because I don't usually have anyone to give me a ride to/from work after dropping the car off, nor can I usually afford to be without it for more than a couple of days at a time. So I'm really not sure what I can do here.

But I'm pretty sure I'm going to think of something, because I'm not going to put up with being treated like a second-class citizen just because my car is on the lower end of the Porsche scale.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

I feel a little better for having articulated my anger...thanks for listening.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 12:26 AM