Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> keeps dying on deceleration, what is wrong with my teener NOW!?
sk8kat1
post Jul 17 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,937

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

ok she runs pretty sooth now .. but I have some cocerns -- I think it runs a bit on the hot side ( see other post ) , it burns quite a bit of oil ... or might be pissing from a leak under load, after I cahnged the oil it was pretty much black after a coulpe of drives .... when I come to a stop suddenly it drops RPMs but then recovers .. as I drive it more and the car starts to get what I think maybe on the overly hot side it doesn't recover as easily and the rpm's drop , the oil light comes on and some times the car dies ... this usually occours when coming to a stop .. it drops a bit then as aI sit at the light it starts to die .. or sometimes I am fine the it just starts to drop RPMs and the oil light comes on and it starts to die out ...

I found a big vacum leak in the elbow that goes in just below the throttle body -- I couldn't find a replacement so as a temp fix -- 80 MPH duct tape ... I know a DAPO move but I needed to see if that corrected some of my issues -- It did correct alot of things .. but this issue remains

info on the car :

1973 2.0L stock FI
PO says the engine was rebuilt about 500 mile before I got it

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
sk8kat1   keeps dying on deceleration   Jul 17 2006, 09:50 AM
sk8kat1   :bump:   Jul 17 2006, 01:03 PM
sk8kat1   :bump: :bump: please .. any ideas ... decel v...   Jul 18 2006, 03:42 PM
Rand   I wouldn't think a vacuum leak because that ty...   Jul 18 2006, 04:01 PM
sk8kat1   not for a fact .. but it only really happens as th...   Jul 18 2006, 04:02 PM
r_towle   so, the motor was rebuilt 500 miles ago.. you need...   Jul 18 2006, 04:22 PM
Air_Cooled_Nut  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 04:34 PM