Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SOT: Looking for Experience w/Epoxy Floor Coatings, Which ones work?
db9146
post Jul 18 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,315
Region Association: None

Okay, I'm ready to put the epoxy to the floor. There are water-based epoxies and 2-part epoxies. Of the 2-part epoxies I have seen, there are 65% solids and 100% solids.

With the water-based epoxy, it takes several coats to add up to 8-10 mils thick. However, with the 2-part, 100% solids epoxy, they claim that you get a 13-15 mil thick finish in one application. The prep is the same for either and is key to success.

I have looked at the water-based brands at Lowes and HD. I called Rustoleum and they have an industrial version that is tougher than the stuff they sell through HD but still water-based I believe. U-Coat-It is another water-based epoxy.

Has anyone tried the 2-part epoxy floor covering?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
db9146   SOT: Looking for Experience w/Epoxy Floor Coatings   Jul 18 2006, 06:43 PM
carr914   I sell specialty paint products and have a TRUE 1 ...   Jul 18 2006, 07:20 PM
jimtab  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 07:15 AM