Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Roller project questions?
bosurf
post Jul 21 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,219

Hey Club,

I bought a roller about 4 months ago (74' 1.8L). So far very minimal rust. It came with its original side shift but it looks like it has a hairline crack in the case, might have that repaired unless i pick up another cheap. It also came with 2 engines in which the PO said one was a 2L and the other 1.8L. Both are pretty haggered. I can't confirm if they are bus or teen'r engines. I'll run the #'s by you guys when i get home. Maybe some one with mechanical prowess could use something off them. I don't think i could tackle that right now. Don't think they are worth rebuilding. I am going to need the whole Drivetrain. Clutch pedal is missing all the way back to the exhaust. I want to start priming and cleaning things up while engine is out, I am on hold right now on spending too much due to a personal business startup. Any ideas on some cheap projects i can do, until the drivetrain happens. I don't know where to start, (undercoating, fuel lines, brake lines??) I will post some pics when i get home. On a side note am i the only club member in Idaho?? This car has not seen action probally since the eighties. Gas tank is missing cap and surface rust around tank opening. Just thought you guys could bombard me with some ideas, thanks in advance-- I think (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

Dave.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
bosurf   Roller project questions?   Jul 21 2006, 06:12 PM
Brad Roberts   Hi! Get us some digital pics of the parts. We...   Jul 21 2006, 06:17 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 07:29 PM