Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Safety Notice, Follow Norms Advice - wear your safety glasses
914forme
post Aug 3 2006, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Well I have been out in the shop working away on my DD Jetta. When something falls down into my eye. Now when I was younger, this crap would just fall right back out. Now that I am approaching 40, this stuff sticks like superglue on your fingers. I spent the night tring to flush it out, etc.... Got up the next day tried to drive to work, yeah right, any form of light contrast wigs my eyes out now. Go home, call in, and goto the doctor. He does not find anything in my eye, says its scratched to hell. Gives me a couple of sets of drops and sends me off. I ask if I should be able to drive to work, etc.... Yeah that won't be a problem, he says. Get up this morning, start my drive in... Like hell it is still a problem. Go back on Friday to see what is up.

I look in the mirror which I avoid doing now, and I see my left pupil is 6 times more open ( dialated ) than my right. That explains the light contrast issues.

So long story short wear your safety glasses,googles, mask etc... I am now working on a computer wearing a pair of sunglasses. Serengeti Aviators if you must know and not those Cheap plastics they give you at the docotrs office.

I was able to drive down this afternoon and pickup the kids, it is grey and overcast outside, perfect weather for my eye issue with sunglasses on again.

anybody think it would be frounded apon to drive with a #10 welding helmet on? Hey it has auto darkening. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
914forme   OT: Safety Notice   Aug 3 2006, 04:25 PM
toon1   BTDT, had to go to ER to get the dirt out, it suck...   Aug 3 2006, 04:34 PM
cnavarro   I feel your pain. I got an aluminum chip in my lef...   Aug 3 2006, 04:36 PM
Britain Smith   You wanna talk about eye issues...try a snowboardi...   Aug 3 2006, 05:08 PM
seanery   I got weld slag in my left eye (my good eye) and n...   Aug 3 2006, 05:36 PM
cnavarro   Ok Britain, you take the cake. I'll make a men...   Aug 3 2006, 07:30 PM
914forme   Thanks guys for cheering me up a little. Miss for...   Aug 3 2006, 07:54 PM
iamchappy   I have had many mishaps with things falling in my ...   Aug 3 2006, 08:06 PM
rick 918-S  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:36 AM