Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Turbo Tie-rods & Fresh Alignment, Is it suppose to be so twitchy?
Allan
post Aug 3 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #1

Teenerless Weenie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

Finally got the 5 lug swap sorted out with new turbo tie-rods, M calipers, wheel bearings, brake pads, alignment, etc.

Alignment came out at 1.00 front camber, 1.5 rear camber and 1/16th toe-in front and rear. (Guy said that's as close as he could get to what I wanted)

Took the car out for a spin earlier and man it's like everything is tied into a light switch.

The slightest input to the steering wheel and it wants to change directions RIGHT NOW!!!

Also seems to pick up every contour in the road surface which was kinda unnerveing over 60.

Are these the changes I should expect?

I'm gonna have to learn to drive it all over again... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Headrage   Turbo Tie-rods & Fresh Alignment   Aug 3 2006, 07:56 PM
Brando   Yes Allan that is how it should be. No "spong...   Aug 3 2006, 08:02 PM
nebreitling   where'd you get it aligned? how much caster? ...   Aug 3 2006, 08:06 PM
lapuwali   There is no "perfect" alignment for ever...   Aug 3 2006, 08:14 PM
Headrage  
  Aug 3 2006, 08:59 PM
Headrage  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 01:53 AM