Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Front Cooler Options, The how, why, and what (is involved)
Brando
post Aug 3 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

So, I definitely have to move my oil cooler up front. Currently it is in the illegal rear-trunk position. It keeps the oil temps out of cooksville but they will still get up there with highway cruising at 3500-4000 RPMs (electric blower fan too).

So until I get the MBZ 12cyl oil cooler I want, I'll be mounting this one in the trunk up front. I plan on buying some high-pressure rubber lines OR high pressure rubber lines and metal tubing. The metal tubing would go through the holes in the long supports on the outside (with grommets). I would like to have A/N fittings on both sides of the metal tubes, and A/N fittings on the rubber lines TO the metal tubes in the longs. Right now on my remote cooler plate it has barbed fittings, and my oil cooler has barbed fittings.

So, a few questions:

- Should I pursue the metal tubing in the longs idea? (Might be cheaper than the rubber tubing that far).
- Is there a way to attach A/N fittings to rubber line?
- What size A/N fittings should I use? How do I measure them?
- Should I use A/N fittings, or keep the barbed fittings and use hose clamps?

I also have at my disposal what looks like a 930 sandwich adapter with a thermostat inside. It has what look like A/N fittings on it. I want to use this if I can, but I'm not sure.

Any and all advice is appreciated, as usual (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 01:02 PM