Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dilemma, Should the 914 go?
poohsan
post Aug 6 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,409

Here's the dilemma.

I can’t have 4 cars around the house. Should the 914 go? It will be replaced by a 1981 911 Targa.

Back story:
I wanted a Porsche. I considered what I wanted in a fun to drive car; cost to purchase, ease to work on, room it would take up around the house, and lastly if the wife would like it and let me keep it. So I decided on a 914. Found one took it home and have been driving it and loving it everyday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

How the dilemma started:
1. After I picked up the 914, I started looking for a 911 parts car for the engine, and suspension, all to go into the 914.

2. Wife was not so hot on the 914 for the following reasons:
a. Does not have big round eyes (headlights).
b. Too small.
c. Too noisy.
d. Too messy
e. Thinks the 911 is more cute because it has big eyes like Herbie the love bug.

3. I found a really good 911 Targa that is a keeper / daily driver for the price of a parts car. The deal is too good to pass up.

What is everyone’s take on this?

IMO I think the 914 is better looking than the 911. But the 911 does not need any work as it sits and the 914… well it’s a drivable work in progress.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
poohsan   Dilemma   Aug 6 2006, 09:22 PM
Joe Sharp   Buy It. It's a perfect parts car for your 914....   Aug 6 2006, 09:26 PM
mikez   Sell the wife.....get rid of one of the "othe...   Aug 6 2006, 09:26 PM
grasshopper   I dont really want to put the 914 down, because I ...   Aug 6 2006, 09:26 PM
poohsan  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 05:09 AM