Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Red car pictures please, Getting ready for paint And driving 24 hrs
drive-ability
post Aug 7 2006, 11:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,782

I have to laugh when I pick up my daughter (13) in the 914. It seems shes embarrassed being seen in it, true its an ugly mess but its mine. Well later this month thats all going to change as I am heading up to Washington state to get it painted. The drive will be a challenge for both me and the car, 1200 miles one way. I will likely be there for a couple of weeks or so. I am going to have to map out the club members along the way just in case something go poof. I have been driving the wheels off the car for the last 3 months putting in some 3 hour freeway runs. Everything is working perfect but its hard to judge how things will go when you string together a 1200 mile ride. I am getting over 20 mpg and hope to improve that a bit because I discovered my overall fuel ratio was too rich. Its looks like I am going with red. I have seen a few nice shades, sure Porsche red is the likely choice.
Love to see some red 914 examples (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
(IMG:http://members.cox.net/altjamy/HANNAH%20AND%20DAD%20002.600.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
drive-ability   Red car pictures please   Aug 7 2006, 11:34 PM
SirAndy   always happy to show off my car ... guards red, 9e...   Aug 7 2006, 11:36 PM
Lou W   Here's some more red;   Aug 7 2006, 11:39 PM
Lou W   another, kinda different color of red, but I like ...   Aug 7 2006, 11:40 PM
Lou W   again;   Aug 7 2006, 11:41 PM
ClayPerrine  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 03:12 PM