Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Opinions wanted! deciding on a laptop programmable fuel injection, which one would you choose? Why?
Dr. Roger
post Aug 9 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #1

A bat out of hell.

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,533
Region Association: Northern California

My ride has a 355cid SBC with agressive cam and some head work.
750cfm Edelbrock double pumper.

The engine will get torn down in the next month or so for a few internal mods and checks like a milder mid range cam and bearing check, ...

I know that there's no comparison to injection and think i may be able to fit it into my budget if i sell off some stuff...
Burning Man tickets $440.
Weltmeister front sway $200 (i'm getting used to the ultra stiff ride of the 23mm front tortions so i won't need a front sway)
V8 starter w/adaptor ???
other stuff.

So right now I'm guessing I have about $700 to invest in a programmable setup for a V8.

I've seen the Edelbrock setup on Ebay for about $700 and it comes with all the sensors and a intake plate which will match my 4bbl intake.

There's another which requires drilling my intake for individual injectors and is much more expensive. $2500 +/-. Haltech multi port System.

all of my vechicles that have multi-port fuel injection kick a$$ and i would love to have that on my 914 but I think $$$ is keeping me from getting it.

Am I off base or are there some other options I'm not aware of?

Thank you for all of your opinions. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smiley_notworthy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/burnout.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dr. Roger   Opinions wanted! deciding on a laptop programmable fuel injection   Aug 9 2006, 04:38 PM
Crazyhippy   It can be done on the cheap... Racepages.com has s...   Aug 9 2006, 05:43 PM
Andyrew   700? Thats how much I got my holley system for. Th...   Aug 9 2006, 05:47 PM
Andyrew   Ps.. dont change your cam... You only had about 15...   Aug 9 2006, 05:50 PM
lapuwali   V8 land has a fair number of choices. Remember th...   Aug 9 2006, 06:01 PM
Dr. Roger  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 12:16 AM