Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oil Filter Wrench, What do you use???
jgara962
post Aug 9 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #1

Yo, this is how I roll

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,879
Region Association: Northern California

Okay, let me just say up front that these are probably two lame questions.

1. What do you use to take the oil filter off?? I've got three f'ing wrenches in the garage and none of them work! Two of them you can't even get on the oil filter because of the location, and the other one (type that grips from the bottom) won't grab the Mahle filter. Not sure how in the hell I managed to get it off last time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

2. This one is really dumb, but I'll dare to ask it. My 914 spends a good part of its life in the garage. This is the first car I've owned that isn't a daily driver. So for changing the oil, how relevent is the 3 months or 3,000 mile thing? All my past cars, you just take in at 3 months or 3,000 miles - no big deal. Over a three month period, I may only drive it a couple hundred miles. Hell, I've only put on 1,500 miles since I bought it over a year ago. So for you guys in a similar situation, how often do you change your oil?

Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jgara962   Oil Filter Wrench   Aug 9 2006, 08:28 PM
Matt Romanowski   I use the plier type wrench to take it off. As f...   Aug 9 2006, 08:36 PM
grasshopper   I take a screwdriver and stab the oil filter and u...   Aug 9 2006, 08:55 PM
ClayPerrine   I use a BIG ASSED pair of channel locks to grab th...   Aug 9 2006, 09:14 PM
grasshopper  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 05:05 PM