Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> V-8 930 T/O bearing flange breakage
drive-ability
post Aug 17 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,782

I am sure not everyone is real familiar with the pull type clutch system used on the 930 but some will likely have some input.
Some times things are hard to explain, however the T/O bearing is pulled back by a internal fork in the bell-housing. The fork makes contact on to flat areas of the T/O bearing which in turn gives it a good place to draw back the T/O.
My clutch made a snapping noise and the pedal went limp. I can see the T/O bearing inside an inspection hole, the flange where the fork pulls on the bearing has broken off. Luckily at this point nothing else has been damaged.
Does this happen much and is there some other things to look at which might have caused this.
I am trying to get a head start before dropping the transmission. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jsharp.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
drive-ability   V-8 930 T/O bearing flange breakage   Aug 17 2006, 04:04 PM
bondo   I would think this could be caused by overextendin...   Aug 17 2006, 05:10 PM
byndbad914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 09:46 AM