Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Just picked up a 914 48 hrs ago... Best parts source?
Stuie
post Aug 19 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,688

I am Stuie from Texas... hello!

First post here guys and it's probably been asked a million times.(okay.. I think there are 1/2 mil posts in this general area)

I learned to drive a 914 when I was 14 in El Paso TX in 1984. It was my dad's (and he still has it although has done a full restoration about 10 years ago). About 15 years ago, my younger brother bought one and blew up the motor racing a mustang or something, I traded an Alpine stereo for it but never fixed that one. I should have...

This one is a '70/4. I have to admit, the shifting is not what I expected, but I am managing hitting the right gear 80% of the time. Will try and replace all of the bushings and see if that will help. The car seems like it was in good shape two years ago but, was a high school kids for the past two years so it's been neglected.

The FI has been replaced with a weber single which may need a rebuild kit. I dropped an optima Red Top in it today, I will be needing front wheel bearings immediately, I would like to drop in the thin later model door panels (I assume they will fit as these are kinda puffy).

THE MAIN QUESTION: Where is a good place to order parts from that has a good selection and are reputable? I have seen several online but prices are tops on some and selection is thin on others.

I need to pay VW prices as I have a lot of hobbies which all need attention! (vinatge British bikes, a Vespa project and occasional filmmaking) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Attached Image

SECONDARY QUESTION: I need to replace the windshield. Any tips on how to do it without breaking anything?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

All best
Stu
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:40 PM