Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 drive in movie Saturday night, DFW thing to do
Stuie
post Sep 1 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,688

Hello DFW 914 guys.

Just a quick invite to the casa for this weekends feature of "Le Mans" with McQueen.

I have been doing what I call "Motorcycle Ride In Theater" this summer for my riding buddies where I show an old motorcycle flick like Wild One or On Any Sunday and this week, we are doing part cycle and part auto racing.

The first flick is called "99.9 MPH A Triumph Island Double" which is a doc about the 1967 Isle of Mann TT when the Triumph brand won big. I think it's between 30-60 minutes long.

The feature is "Le Mans" (1970) and from what I understand, there are 914's seen racing in it as well.

It's a good excuse for everyone to get out of the casa every once in a while.

I provide the flick (projected on a 13x9ft inflateable screen in the back yard) and you bring yourself and beer/cokes etc.

It's a pretty cool time.

If you would like to come out (Arlington near 360 & I-20), shoot me a PM with interest and I will shoot ya back the address.

We generally start around dark (around 8:30-8:50pm)

Cheers!
Stu
Attached Image
pic attached is from a Bonneville Salt Flat Doc flick when I went mobile at a buddies bbq
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Stuie   914 drive in movie Saturday night   Sep 1 2006, 12:46 PM
orange914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 02:22 PM