Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Hitch Mount Bike Racks
STL914
post Sep 3 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,271
Region Association: Upper MidWest

There have been several discussions in the past months about bicycling and bike racks that wil work on our 914s. I need some advise/opinions on hitch mount bike racks for use on larger vehicles.

I currently have a Performance 3-bike hitch mount rack, similar to the picture, that worked fine for hauling our standart frame mountain and road bikes. My son and I are looking at purchasing a couple of dual suspension mountain bikes. My concern is whether or not these bikes will fit this rack. So, what do you think? If you have a DS bike, how do you haul it?

Thanks.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
STL914   OT: Hitch Mount Bike Racks   Sep 3 2006, 10:51 AM
grantsfo   Here are a few things to consider with this type o...   Sep 3 2006, 11:19 AM
STL914   Grant, Thanks for your reply. I've used this ...   Sep 3 2006, 09:48 PM
Elliot Cannon   I might have it installed at the GAF. Oops, you...   Sep 3 2006, 10:22 PM
mrobin   hi you can get a adjustable rod at a bike shop, t...   Sep 4 2006, 03:54 AM
STL914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 12:34 PM