Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> G warning Light, G warning light turn on
porsche914dl
post Sep 4 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,608

Hi, everybody,

Need some advice on the following symptoms on my 914:

1) “The “G” red warning light (Just next to the brake warning light) on the Left hand Gauge grow (dim light), and it will fully light up when I step on the brake, or turn the turn signal on.
2) When this “G” red warning light turn on, there is no brake light even when I step on the brake paddle.
3) The turn signal light do not signal neither.

Had the following strange findings:

1) I suspect the brake light switch had something to do with this as previously, when this “G” warning light light up, when I step the brake pedal and release it suddenly (pedal returns quickly), sometime the light will turn out. But now it won’t. I had checked the brake light switch and it seems normal.
2) When I switch on the head light, sometimes, it will made the “G” warning light turn off. Sometimes only.
3) When I turn off the engine for a period of time, say hours. It seems to reset the warning light. It does not turn on after I start the engine. But it will light up when I step the brake pedal.

Any suggestion? Where should I look into?

THanks alot.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
porsche914dl   G warning Light   Sep 4 2006, 12:15 AM
Aaron Cox   it means you found your 914's G spot..... o...   Sep 4 2006, 12:18 AM
porsche914dl   Hi, Arron, I know that is the generator (alterna...   Sep 4 2006, 12:22 AM
ejm   brake, signal and gen lights are all powered off f...   Sep 4 2006, 05:40 AM
JPB   Let me speak from experience. When the Glight goes...   Sep 4 2006, 06:44 AM
terrymason   I am by far not an expert, but I've heard that...   Sep 4 2006, 07:14 AM
porsche914dl   Hi, all, Thanks for the tips. Will check that o...   Sep 4 2006, 10:07 AM
Michael N  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 01:53 PM