Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> California Law, License fees on cars that have been sitting
Randal
post Sep 4 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

In California, what is the law regarding license fees on a vehicle that has been sitting for 7 years? In my case the last time it was registered was 1999.

If the non- operation certificate had been filed each year (by the previous owner) then obviously there is no back license tags to pay.

If the non-operation license hasn't been filed, is the new buyer responsible for to pay all past years.

Can the new buyer secure an affidavit from the old owner to satisfy that the vehicle was non-operational?

What is the deal?

Thanks.

PS

I’ve attached a picture of the car in question.

This car is a joint venture between my son and I; the primary purpose is to get him some autoXing experience before we let him lose on the crazy freeways here.

BTW Brad has already read me the riot act on why I shouldn't buy a 944, but this one is so clean I couldn't pass it up.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Randal   California Law   Sep 4 2006, 12:25 PM
914-8   http://www.dmv.ca.gov/   Sep 4 2006, 12:28 PM
Brando   In most instances you might have to pay the back f...   Sep 4 2006, 12:38 PM
Randal  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:40 PM