Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tab A into...Where the heck is slot B?, Help me get my car back together
HelluvaEngineer
post Sep 13 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,628

Hi all. I'm still working on that '73 I bought, which had a few parts removed, and a couple of parts lost. I have a couple of what are hopefully simple questions - easy for you 914 gurus. Please chime in if you can.

- Oil Sensors: This car has a sensor behind a black plate on the oil pan. There is a wire on that sensor connected to...nothing. This looks like a good place for an oil temp sensor, which I think is stock. Is this correct? Where does the corresponding wire punch through the firewall (or does it run to the wiring harness / relay board)?

- Air box: The air box was taken off. My questions are: how does the airbox mount to the engine? I don't see any obvious connection points. This is a '73 2.0 with the square paper filter. Does the top part connect to the throttle body with some kind of band clamp?

[EDIT: Duh, looked again. The bottom clamps to the engine, top clamps to the bottom. Still does flange clamp to throttle body? ]

Also, the connection to the throttle body looks like a great place for an air leak, and there are vacuum hoses connected to the air box. Is there supposed to be some kind of oring or other seal in the flange on the air box?

TIA!, HE (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
HelluvaEngineer   Tab A into...Where the heck is slot B?   Sep 13 2006, 04:47 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 09:15 PM