Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tab A into...Where the heck is slot B?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HelluvaEngineer
Hi all. I'm still working on that '73 I bought, which had a few parts removed, and a couple of parts lost. I have a couple of what are hopefully simple questions - easy for you 914 gurus. Please chime in if you can.

- Oil Sensors: This car has a sensor behind a black plate on the oil pan. There is a wire on that sensor connected to...nothing. This looks like a good place for an oil temp sensor, which I think is stock. Is this correct? Where does the corresponding wire punch through the firewall (or does it run to the wiring harness / relay board)?

- Air box: The air box was taken off. My questions are: how does the airbox mount to the engine? I don't see any obvious connection points. This is a '73 2.0 with the square paper filter. Does the top part connect to the throttle body with some kind of band clamp?

[EDIT: Duh, looked again. The bottom clamps to the engine, top clamps to the bottom. Still does flange clamp to throttle body? ]

Also, the connection to the throttle body looks like a great place for an air leak, and there are vacuum hoses connected to the air box. Is there supposed to be some kind of oring or other seal in the flange on the air box?

TIA!, HE beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(HelluvaEngineer @ Sep 13 2006, 03:47 PM) *

- Oil Sensors: This car has a sensor behind a black plate on the oil pan. There is a wire on that sensor connected to...nothing. This looks like a good place for an oil temp sensor, which I think is stock. Is this correct? Where does the corresponding wire punch through the firewall (or does it run to the wiring harness / relay board)?

wire is green with black stripe, goes from the sender to a connector on the main harness which is on the pass. side, right under the battery tray.

look for a plasitc connector that comes out of the main harness there. the wires going into the main harness is also green/black ...

and yes, this is an oil-temp sender ...
smile.gif Andy
AZ914
Regarding the airbox, mine just pushes down on the throttle body, then I clamp it to the engine. No band clamp on mine.
Bleyseng
both the ones I have include a bandclamp at the throttle body connection. There is a rubber boot that slides over the throttle body to seal it.
HelluvaEngineer
Thanks guys. That gets me back on track.

Looks like I might have to substitute a hose clamp and some silicone while I search for the correct parts.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(HelluvaEngineer @ Sep 13 2006, 05:39 PM) *

Looks like I might have to substitute a hose clamp and some silicone while I search for the correct parts.

Just keep in mind you don't want to use silicon anywhere near gasoline, look

what happened to Richard Pryor.

Not really because silicon falls apart when introduced to gas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.